Working Groups are domain-specific groups to focus on discussion and activity around a given area of open knowledge. They provide an opportunity for people with similar interests to gather online (and sometimes in person) to hack, discuss, lobby, promote and explore particular areas of Open Knowledge and/or Open Data.
To get involved please introduce yourself on the relevant mailing list. If you have a proposal for a new working group then please get in touch
- Open Government Data
- This group is for everyone interested in Open Government Data and a hub for the global community
- EU Open Data
- Act as a central point of reference and support for people interested in open (government) data in Europe.
- Open Transport
- Central point of reference and support for people who are interested in open transport data.
- Open Science
- The open science community builds tools, apps, datasets and guidelines to promote all aspects of open science.
- Open Economics
- Identify standards and best practice for open economic data, and a hub for projects and discussion.
- Promotes open access to digital cultural heritage held by Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums.
- Open Bibliography
- A group to provide information, documentation and solutions around Open Bibliographic Data
- Open Linguistics
- Promote the idea and definition of open data in Linguistics and in relation to language data.
- Open Access
- This group is dedicated to the promotion of “Open Access” as defined by the Budapest Open Access Initiative.
- Open Archaeology
- Act as a central point of reference and support for people interested in open archaeological data.
- Open Development
- Central point of reference and support for people who are interested in open knowledge in development.
- Open Sustainability
- Seeks to advocate and promote the opening up of sustainability information and datasets.
- Open Humanities
- Discussing and implementing openness in humanities research and reporting on open projects and resources.
- Open Design
- A community of designers and makers interested in implementing openness in design and hardware.
- Public Domain
- A community interested in exploring and facilitating the use and reuse of public domain works.
- Open Definition
- A community that is dedicated to promote, discuss, and further develop the Open Definition.
Incubating groups are less active at present. Many have been founded very recently and don’t yet have e.g. a website. If you would like to help kick-start a group which is currently incubating, or found an entirely new one, please do get in touch!