Open Knowledge Foundation is looking for a motivated Business Developer to help us expand our commercial services activities.
Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals in projects related to data infrastructures and software as a service, but also experiences combining consulting services, training services and software as a service.
We are seeking a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others. The role demands a leader with a sharp mind and the ability to lead a business inspired by values and the advancement of the public interest.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Identify and research potential clients
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Lead proposals creation.
- Lead services package creation.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients, with the CEO's support.
- Attracting new clients by innovating and overseeing the sales process for the business
- Working with senior team members to identify and manage company risks that might prevent growth.
- Identifying and researching opportunities that come up in new and existing markets and social spaces.
- Preparing and delivering pitches and presentations to potential new clients
- Combining efforts and fostering a collaborative environment within the business as a whole
- Communicating with clients to understand their needs and offer solutions to their problems
- Creating positive, long-lasting relationships with current and potential clients
- 5 years+ of work experience in Sales Management or non for-profit development. Free software familiarity is a plus.
- Experience in the non for-profit sector.
- Basic data literacy skills
- Strong customer service and sales skills for generating leads.
- A social purpose mindset
- Outstanding interpersonal skills at all levels for building meaningful relationships with clients
- Advanced presentation and persuasive skills
- Experience in both the project management and sales side of running a business
- Fluent in English (Multilingual is a plus)
- Problem-solving skills to propose mutually beneficial solutions
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel for meetings with prospective and existing clients
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Extensive knowledge of productivity tools and software
What we offer
- A base salary within the range of 31,000 and 38,000 GBP annually.
- A generous result-based bonus scheme.
- A wonderful opportunity to advance openness and contribute to a better, more democratic digital ecosystem.
- Flexible hours.
- A diverse and caring work environment.
- The position is remote.
Send your CV together with a motivation letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 31st August 2022.