The Open Knowledge Foundation is a global non-profit organisation focused on realising open data’s value to society by helping civil society groups access and use data to take action on social problems. We believe open knowledge can empower everyone, enabling people to work together to tackle local and global challenges, understand our world, expose inefficiency, challenge inequality and hold governments and companies to account.
Our worldwide network of people passionate about openness uses advocacy, technology and training to unlock information and enable people to work with it to create and share knowledge.
Recent Press Releases
- July 12, 2019 Digital service taxes should be applied across Europe
- July 2, 2019 EU must work harder to tackle disinformation
- June 20, 2019 EU leaders must prioritise fight against disinformation
- June 4, 2019 UK Health Secretary challenged to tackle access to medicines
- May 24, 2019 Poland takes copyright crackdown to court
More news and events
Keep up to date with our latest news through our blogs, newsletters, and press releases
Logos for Open Knowledge Foundation are available on the resource page.