The Open Knowledge Foundation is a global non-profit organisation focused on realising open data’s value to society by helping civil society groups access and use data to take action on social problems. We believe open knowledge can empower everyone, enabling people to work together to tackle local and global challenges, understand our world, expose inefficiency, challenge inequality and hold governments and companies to account.
Our worldwide network of people passionate about openness uses advocacy, technology and training to unlock information and enable people to work with it to create and share knowledge.
Recent Press Releases
- June 4, 2019 UK Health Secretary challenged to tackle access to medicines
- May 24, 2019 Poland takes copyright crackdown to court
- May 20, 2019 A fair, free and open future- new chapter to celebrate Open Knowledge Foundation's anniversary
- May 6, 2019 UK party leaders challenged to back openness and transparency
- May 5, 2019 Crackdown on social media 'dark ads' must be 'robust and deliver transparency'
More news and events
Keep up to date with our latest news through our blogs, newsletters, and press releases
Logos for Open Knowledge Foundation are available on the resource page.