The Open Knowledge Foundation is a global non-profit organisation focused on realising open data’s value to society by helping civil society groups access and use data to take action on social problems. We believe open knowledge can empower everyone, enabling people to work together to tackle local and global challenges, understand our world, expose inefficiency, challenge inequality and hold governments and companies to account.
Our worldwide network of people passionate about openness uses advocacy, technology and training to unlock information and enable people to work with it to create and share knowledge.
Recent Press Releases
- Sept. 10, 2019 Women in data can help tackle gender inequality
- Aug. 26, 2019 World Library Congress - Closing libraries is ‘short-sighted’
- Aug. 3, 2019 Trump warns no free trade deal for UK unless digital services tax scrapped
- July 30, 2019 EU too slow to act on tax transparency
- July 23, 2019 YouTube's new terms of service shows direction of travel towards global content crackdown
More news and events
Keep up to date with our latest news through our blogs, newsletters, and press releases
Logos for Open Knowledge Foundation are available on the resource page.