Open Knowledge is a global movement to open up the world’s data and see it used and useful, empowering citizens with new knowledge and insights, and enabling fair and sustainable societies. Open Knowledge catalyses activities which promote and build on freely reusable open data and open content – including public information, publicly-funded research and public domain cultural content.
Recent Press Releases
- April 29, 2015 Open Knowledge appoints Pavel Richter as new CEO
- April 21, 2015 Open Trials: Open Knowledge announces plans for open, online database of clinical trials
- Oct. 7, 2014 Essential standard for open data economy published by Open Knowledge
- July 17, 2014 Open movement is key to innovation, growth and jobs, says EC Vice President Neelie Kroes
- July 15, 2014 Das Open Knowledge Festival eröffnet seine Tore in Berlin
Recent Press Mentions
- Hack the Bells – The world’s first interdisciplinary open license contest celebrating the carillon!
- Bitesized Insight from Rufus Pollock of Open Knowledge
- Open Knowledge Ireland welcomes Minister Howlin’s announcement that Government has approved the remo
- Open Data APIs May Play a Large Role at OKFestival in Berlin
- The Open Book: building the open knowledge movement
Look at all press mentions
More news and events
Keep up to date with our latest news through our blogs, press releases, newsletters, media coverage and events.
- Blogs Read blogs from our writers including staff, project partners and guest writers.
Logos for Open Knowledge international are aviliable on the resource page.