Open Knowledge is a global movement to open up the world’s data and see it used and useful, empowering citizens with new knowledge and insights, and enabling fair and sustainable societies. Open Knowledge catalyses activities which promote and build on freely reusable open data and open content – including public information, publicly-funded research and public domain cultural content.
Recent Press Releases
- Feb. 27, 2014 Launch of new global campaign to stop secret government contracting
- Feb. 20, 2014 Open Data Community to shine light on flooding and government spending, Feb 22nd
- Feb. 18, 2014 The Open Knowledge Foundation welcomes Brazil as its first Chapter in the global south
- Dec. 19, 2013 The Open Knowledge Foundation honoured for civic innovation at National Democratic Institute Democra
- Dec. 18, 2013 Open Knowledge Foundation success recognised across the board
More news and events
Keep up to date with our latest news through our blogs, press releases, newsletters, media coverage and events.
- Blogs Read blogs from our writers including staff, project partners and guest writers.
Follow Open Knowledge
Logos for Open Knowledge and its projects will be available in due course. In the mean time, see the media page archived from our old website.