The Open Knowledge Foundation is a global non-profit organisation focused on realising open data’s value to society by helping civil society groups access and use data to take action on social problems. We believe open knowledge can empower everyone, enabling people to work together to tackle local and global challenges, understand our world, expose inefficiency, challenge inequality and hold governments and companies to account.
Our worldwide network of people passionate about openness uses advocacy, technology and training to unlock information and enable people to work with it to create and share knowledge.
Recent Press Releases
- April 29, 2015 Open Knowledge appoints Pavel Richter as new CEO
- April 21, 2015 Open Trials: Open Knowledge announces plans for open, online database of clinical trials
- Oct. 7, 2014 Essential standard for open data economy published by Open Knowledge
- July 17, 2014 Open movement is key to innovation, growth and jobs, says EC Vice President Neelie Kroes
- July 15, 2014 Das Open Knowledge Festival eröffnet seine Tore in Berlin
Recent Press Mentions
- Hack the Bells – The world’s first interdisciplinary open license contest celebrating the carillon!
- Bitesized Insight from Rufus Pollock of Open Knowledge
- Open Knowledge Ireland welcomes Minister Howlin’s announcement that Government has approved the remo
- Open Data APIs May Play a Large Role at OKFestival in Berlin
- The Open Book: building the open knowledge movement
Look at all press mentions
More news and events
Keep up to date with our latest news through our blogs, newsletters, and press releases
Logos for Open Knowledge international are aviliable on the resource page.