A meeting of the Open Knowledge board was held on 14th January 2015 at Mozilla, 101 St Martin's Lane, Covent Garden, London.
Present: Karin Christiansen, Tom Cobbold (remote), Helen Turvey (remote), Jane Silber, Paula Ledieu
Observing: Rufus Pollock, Fiona Thompson, Martin Tisne
Apologies: James Casbon
Review of Minutes:
- Minutes from November 2014 meeting were approved
Review of Actions:
- Conflict of interest forms for audit:
- these have all now been submitted
- ED Recruitment Status:
- Long list received, interesting and diverse group. Large number of applicants, good international representation.
- International engagement: Board unanimously chose to:
- Limit employment to the UK (continuing to engage outside of the UK through contractor relationships where that is appropriate)
- Introduce a new clause to both contractor and employee contracts, requiring notice if they intend to relocate to a new country, so that we can plan and respond appropriately.
- Business strategy:
- organizational development and culture Summit next week will be an important and key opportunity to align the organization.
- We are looking, as planned, to do a strategy refinement in the near term
- Audit Update
- We have decided not to run an OKFestival in 2015 in order to provide a proper runway for OKFestival in 2016 and to allow us to support events in the Open Knowledge Network such as the OKFestival Asia-Pacific
- Board strongly supportive and encouraging of a more general move to a 2-year iteration
- EC Audit question. Board advice was to take this forward to appeal.